Due to the global outbreak of COVID-19, theatres and other public places are being shut down everywhere. Keeping this in mind, Paramount Pictures is planning to release its newest film, Sonic the Hedgehog on digital platforms a lot earlier than expected.
Recently, Paramount Pictures announced that it would release the hit video-game based movie, Sonic the Hedgehog on digital platforms such as Amazon, iTunes, and other popular video-on-demand services by 31st March 2020. The Sonic movie would join the list of movies such as Bloodshot, The Invisible Man, and The Hunt which have been added to the digital platforms a lot sooner than expected due to Coronavirus outbreak.
The movie was delayed as the studio had to rework the character model of Sonic the Hedgehog after a global outcry regarding his appearance. With a collection of $146 million in the US, the movie has become one of the most successful adaptations of a video game. It has earned $160 million outside the US, making the total collection of $306 million. However, this record would take a serious hit due to the global theater close-down.
In a Twitter post, the studio mentions that the movie would also be available on physical media such as DVD, Blu-Rays and 4K Blu-Rays by 19th May 2020. In addition to the movies, the disks would include some bonus materials which are
- The Director’s commentary featuring Jeff Fowler and the voice of Sonic, Ben Schwartz.
- Bloopers from the movie which will feature Jim Carrey and other members of the cast.
- Some of the deleted scenes from the movie.
- Around the world in 80 seconds- See Sonic’s next adventure!
- A music video for the song “Speed Me Up”
- A discussion featuring Jim Carrey and other cast members who tell what Sonic means to them.
- Jim Carrey would appear in Building Robotnik with Jim Carrey and talk about his role as the supervillain in the movie and other content.
If you buy the Blu-Ray or 4K UHD combo pack for Sonic the Hedgehog movie during the offer period, you would receive a comic book featuring Sonic and The Donut Lord. Hopefully, the early launches at this time will help ease some of the time indoors!!