If you were ever wondering whether Google will add a Diamond tier to Google Play Points in the US, the time has come!
The Google Play Points program, which rewards users for engaging with the Play Store, is unveiling the much-awaited ‘Diamond’ tier in the United States. This upgraded level offers improved benefits for those who attain it, following its initial introduction in Asia.
The introduction of the Diamond tier to the US Play Points program coincided with a 40% discount on Pixel 8, 8 Pro, and Tablet.
The in-game point (4x) or book multipliers (5x) remain consistent with the Platinum tier. Further benefits are outlined in the Perks tab:
- Qualification for free NFL Sunday Ticket through Google Play Points.
- A discount on the Pixel Fold is accessible for members who gather all the Play Points.
- Google has designed an ‘exclusive’ T-shirt exclusively for Play Points Platinum members.
About Google Play Points ‘Diamond tier’ in the United States
The Google Play Points program incentivizes users with points for each transaction in the Play Store, allowing them to unlock higher tiers with progressively enhanced benefits.
In the previous hierarchy, “Platinum” was the highest tier in the US, providing 1.4 points for every $1 spent and weekly prizes of up to 500 points for users accumulating over 3,000 points in a calendar year. Premium support was also available, allowing users to expedite support requests and engage with specially selected agents. Previously, the available tiers in the US were:
In the Bronze tier, users earn 1 point for every $1 spent in the Play Store, and these benefits increase with each advancing tier, including discounts, priority support, and gifts.
Now, users in the United States can attain the coveted ‘Diamond’ tier by accumulating 10,000 Play Points in their transaction history. At this level, users earn 1.6 points per dollar spent and gain eligibility for weekly prizes of up to 1,000 points. This marks an improvement over the previous maximum tier (Platinum), which offered 1.4 points per dollar spent and weekly prizes of up to 500 points.
Originally launched in Asia, the Diamond tier is now accessible in the US for users amassing over 10,000 Play Points. It delivers 1.6 points per dollar spent and presents weekly prizes of up to 1,000 points. The Diamond tier prominently appears in the Play Points dashboard on both Android and the web as the next achievement for users to unlock.
The ‘Diamond’ tier further includes the ‘premium support’ perks available in the Platinum tier, offering the following benefits:
- Priority assistance for Play issues: When reaching out to our support team via call or chat, you’ll automatically be moved to the forefront of the waiting list, reducing your waiting time.
- Direct interaction with an expert from a specialized support team: If you possess Platinum or Diamond status, you’ll immediately connect with specially chosen agents from a team dedicated to assisting users with Platinum or Diamond status.
How to join the Google Play Points program?
If you frequently make purchases on the Play Store, opting to join the Play Points program is a wise decision, especially during periodic promotions that offer enticing discounts, particularly for those at higher membership levels. For instance, earlier this month, users in the Gold, Platinum, or Diamond tiers enjoyed a 40% discount on a Pixel 8, 8 Pro, or a Pixel Tablet through the Google Store.
Enrolling is completely free, with no drawbacks. You can become a Google Play Store member by following these steps:
On a mobile device:
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Tap the profile icon at the top right.
- Select Play Points.
- Tap Join.
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Click Play Points on the left.
- Click the button “Join for free”.
What are Google Play Points?
Google Play Points operates as a rewards program, providing points for spending on the Google Play Store and employing a tiered structure with increasing rewards. Accumulating points solely through app purchases, especially with the one-to-one conversion rate in the initial Bronze tier, can pose a challenge. To expedite progress, users can opt for monthly subscriptions, like the 100 GB tier in Google One, offering two Google Play Points at $1.99 per month.
As smartphones play an ever-expanding role in diverse applications and digital services, users may swiftly ascend through the tier system, especially with active phone usage. The Google Play Points tier system and associated rewards are detailed as follows:
- Bronze (0-149 points): Each dollar spent equals one point, with potential multipliers of up to 4x on in-game purchases and a 2x multiplier for book purchases during specific events.
- Silver (150-599 points): In the Silver tier, users earn 1.1 Google Play Points per dollar spent. Similar multipliers apply to in-game and book purchases, along with a weekly bonus of 100 Points.
- Gold (600-2,999 points): Each dollar translates to 1.2 Google Play Points in this tier, accompanied by a weekly prize of up to 200 Points.
- Platinum (3,000-14,999 points): In the Platinum tier, users receive 1.4 Points for each dollar spent. Additionally, they gain up to 500 weekly points and access to premium support, along with all the features from the previous tiers.
- Diamond (15,000 points and up): The highest tier, Diamond, rewards users with 2 points for each dollar spent. Exclusive benefits include special in-app items, premium support, and the potential to earn up to 1,000 points per week.
Participating in the Google Play Points program proves highly rewarding for individuals actively immersed in the Google Play Store experience. However, for those with limited use of mobile, progressing through the tier list might be challenging, rendering participation less practical. The program offers significant advantages for users who frequently make in-app purchases, subscribe to monthly services, or engage with various features.
Maximize the utility of Google Play Points by using them to mitigate the costs of your in-app purchases or contribute to charitable causes if you find yourself with surplus points. Regular patrons of the Google Play Store are strongly encouraged to leverage Google Play Points to fully exploit the associated benefits.