Valheim, a Viking survival game, took only 13 days after its launch to hit the popularity charts on Steam. It is the 2nd most played game title on Steam and beats the best of Dota 2, Grand Theft Auto 5. The early access multiplayer game took everyone by surprise when it sold 2 million copies in a span of 13 days only. The signals are pretty loud for PUBG that took 90 days to achieve the feat of Valheim PVP. Is Valheim gameplay the new competitor for PUBG?
What is Valheim PvP?
Valheim is a Viking-themed in a PC game, developed by Iron Gate studios. It was officially launched on February 2nd, as an early access title on Steam. Valheim is from the survival games genre, a hack, and slash, crafting game. The fundamental Valheim gameplay is to grow a farm, build a mine, and eventually create a village.
The gameplay is different from the Battle Royale game of the likes of PUBG and draws inspiration from Norse Mythology based on PvE (Player vs. Environment) model.
Why is Valheim’s gameplay popular?
Since its launch, Valheim PVP recorded an all-time high of over 3,60,000 concurrent players on Steam in 13 days only. The reasons behind Title’s Top Seller performance are its easy-to-use gameplay, visual effects, and immersive gameplay that can be related to daily lives. Valheim is just a regular survival game that involves, building and growing, and surviving.
It can be played in both single-player mode and the PvE mechanism. In PvE mode, one can team up to 10 players and play in the large expanse of the map. For starters, PvE mode is advisable.
Here’s the interesting part of Valheim. The game generates random monsters in the middle of the game while playing. The player has to defeat the monsters and protect the village. He needs to do tasks like collecting wood, building houses, and bench crafts, light a campfire. To build stamina, he needs to eat food too.
Valheim Price on Steam
Valheim is launched as a PC game for the players on Steam. Valheim price on Steam is Rs. 529.
Valheim PC requirements
An early access game Valheim gameplay is available on Windows and Linux via Steam. The makers will release Mac-version only if they see significant demand for it.
The hit Viking gameplay needs a minimum set of system requirements to get started. You will find that the game is not playable on a budget or mid-range gaming PC.
Valheim: Minimum PC Requirements
- OS: Windows 7 (64-bit) or later
- Processor: 2.6 GHz Dual Core or similar processor
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 500 series or similar graphics card
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 1 GB disk free space on PC
Valheim: Recommended PC Requirements
- OS: Windows 7 (64-bit)
- Processor: 3 GHz Dual Core (Intel Core i5)
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 970 series or similar graphics card
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 1 GB available space on PC
Will there be Valheim console version?
Console players have started demanding for the hit Viking survival game on PS5, Xbox Series X or Nintendo Switch. However, an early access game is currently available on Steam only and not supported on consoles such as PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, or Xbox Series X.
However, the Viking survival game fully supports the Microsoft Xbox360 gamepad. It also extends support to Xbox One gamepad. However, a couple of buttons might have different functionality due to differing protocols.
Beginner Tips and Tricks to play Valheim
The following tips and tricks are helpful for beginners to quickly adapt to the game.
- It is possible to die from trees that might fall on you after chopping them. Keep an eye out for the fall.
- You have to have enough stamina to dive and swim through water bodies otherwise you would die from drowning.
- The only way to increase your skills is by leveling up, there are no shortcuts.
- Use Ctrl+F3 to take beautiful shots of the picturesque scenery
- Craft shield and armory to protect yourself from predators.
- Back off from battles or fights that damage you a lot, to protect yourself. There is no use in dying with honor.
- To sheathe your weapon, press R on your Keyboard.
- Gather wood and stone to craft weapons from the initial stages themselves.
- Use the markers on the map to your fullest advantage.
- Build a bed and a campfire to create a spawn point, in case if you die.
- There is no repair cost in the game, spit your artillery to the shine.
Play the game to the fullest and enjoy it to the core!
Valheim gameplay is now in the second position in the Steam charts falling behind Counter Strike: Global Offensive. Trailing Valheim, stood Dota 2 and PUBG. So it can be fairly said that Valheim is in the race with the top titles like CS:GO and PUBG in gaining players all around the globe.
It will not be long enough when gamers start making noise for Valheim console and mobile versions from the makers.