The rollout schedule of Samsung’s Android 11 update has been finalized and published. In the first week of August, Samsung had announced the One UI 3.0 beta program for developers. It was followed by a beta rollout on several flagship devices. After four months of testing, Samsung has revealed a roadmap for a stable Android 11(One UI 3.0) update coming to more than 40 devices.
As per its new software update policy, Samsung will support 3 major OS updates only. This will include only its flagship devices having Android 9 or later versions. In other words, any Samsung Galaxy device running Andriod 9 Pie & One UI 1.0 out of the box becomes eligible to receive Android 10, Android 11, and Android 12. On the basis of the policy, the 3-year-old Samsung Galaxy S9 series has been excluded from the list. To recap, it runs on Android 8.0 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 10, One UI 2.1.
Samsung Android 11 Update List
The first set of flagship devices to receive Samsung’s Android 11 (One UI 3.0) update is the Samsung Galaxy S20 series. From December 2020 onwards, Galaxy S20, Galaxy S2 Plus, and Galaxy S20 Ultra will start receiving One UI 3.0 update. Users based out of Sweden and Korea have started receiving the update. Samsung’s Android 11 update will be a phased rollout varying according to the region and carrier.
Starting from December 2020 and ending in September 2021, every month Samsung will roll out stable Android 11 (One UI 3.0) update. In the month of January 2021, the Android 11 update mobile list includes Galaxy S10 series(S10e excluded), Note 20 series and Galaxy Z Fold2, and Galaxy Z Flip.
- December 2020: Galaxy S20 series includes Galaxy S20 Plus and Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
- January 2021: Galaxy S10 series includes Galaxy S10 Plus, Galaxy S10 Lite, Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Note 10 Plus. Additional models include Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, Galaxy Z Flip, and Galaxy Z Fold 2
- February 2021: Galaxy Fold
- March 2021: Galaxy M21, Galaxy M30s, Galaxy M31, Galaxy A51, Galaxy Note 10 Lite, and Galaxy Tab S7
- April 2021: Galaxy A50 and Galaxy M51
- May 2021: Galaxy A21s, Galaxy A31, Galaxy A70, Galaxy A71, Galaxy A80, Galaxy Tab S6, and Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
- June 2021: Galaxy A01-Core, Galaxy A01, Galaxy A11, Galaxy M11, and Galaxy Tab A
- July 2021: Galaxy A30 and Galaxy Tab S5e
- August 2021: Galaxy A10, Galaxy A10s, Galaxy A20, Galaxy A20s, Galaxy A30s, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, and Galaxy Tab Active Pro
- September 2021: Galaxy Tab A8 (2019)
As you can see a majority of flagship devices are covered barring few prominent names.Surprsingly they are Galaxy A50s, Galaxy S10e, Samsung Galaxy S9 series, Galaxy S20 FE and a few more. Maybe their schedule will be revelaed later on.
However, tipster Max Weinbach, has tipped about Galaxy S20 FE missing in the Android 11 update mobile list. Considered to be one of the best Android phones from Samsung, Galaxy S20 FE owners will get the stable Android 11-based One UI3.0 update on 27th December.