With Oxygen OS 11 having received plenty of backlash for its not-so-optimized approach to various apps, it was expected that the OxygenOS 12 update would set things right. OnePlus 7’s lineup receiving OxygenOS 12 update is also a welcome sign given the numerous manufacturers that discontinue future updates for older devices.
As of now, what we do have are the updates for Android 11(OxygenOS 184.108.40.206) for October 2021. They mostly consist of minor improvements and bug elimination which when compared to the previous update may not seem much. While Bitmoji AOD may seem like a nifty feature, I would rather have a device that performs well enough.
Although OxygenOS 12 isn’t exactly making an appearance right now, the open beta is said to be released for the OnePlus 9 series.
How Do I Get OxygenOS 12 Update on the Oneplus Device?
The Android 12 Open Beta will be made available for the OnePlus 7 Lineup when the official announcement comes by. However, right now we have access to the OxygenOS 12 open beta for 9 and 9 Pro versions.
Here are simple steps by which one can install OxygenOS 12 update on eligible OnePlus devices.
- From the OnePlus forum site, download the ZIP files of the Oxygen OS 12 update. Pick the file download pertaining to the device’s location.
- The size of the download for the OnePlus 9 models was 4GB. Expect it to range somewhere around 4GB for other models as well
- Open the File Manager once the download is complete
- Tap on the Downloads icon where OxygenOS 12 update file will be available
- Edit the file name to remove the “.jar” extension. Select the downloaded .zip file and tap on the three-dots menu icon visible on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Rename
- Rename the file to remove the “.jar” extension. Only the “.zip” extension remains
- Cut and install the .zip file in the internal storage
- To install the Android 12 update, go to Settings>System>System updates and select the Local Upgrade option(displayed as an icon in the top-right corner)
- Select the downloaded ZIP file and proceed with the installation
- Wait for it finishes that will take 15 minutes
- Restart the device
The rollout roadmap leaked out on Weibo has revealed that the public beta OxygenOS 12 update for the OnePlus 7 series (7,7t, 7t Pro, 7 Pro) will happen in the second quarter of 2022, and the stable version to roll out in the third quarter of 2022.
OnePlus 8 series will receive the first public beta ColorOS rollout sometime in early 2022 while the OxyegnOS 12 update stable version is expected in the second quarter of 2022.
Also Read: OnePlus OxygenOS 12 issues
Is OxygenOS 12 Beta Safe to download?
Yes, it is because it is an official build released by devs. However, it can be unstable because it is not a stable version. While rolling out the beta version, the devs have put out a disclaimer that OxygenOS 12 beta update is an in-progress version. If you still want to give it a try, expect bugs and stability issues.
In the meantime, OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 rollout has begun for the OnePlus 7/7 Pro and the OnePlus 7T/7T Pro with the October 2021 security patch.
October 2021 OnePlus 7 OxygenOS 11 Patch
The latest October update is said to bring a fix to the long-standing issue of the delayed call interface and provide minor security patches. Many users had reported an inadvertent delay on-call interface display while receiving it. Many users still question the delay in addressing battery draining issues, slow system volumes, and poor haptic feedback.
Even so, system stability improvements are also expected. The Android Security Patch has been upgraded to 2021.10 in the OS 18.104.22.168 update.
One could expect the OxygenOS 11 update to be released in an orderly fashion for all the devices in the OnePlus 7 product line. The 7, 7 Pro, 7T, and 7T Pro are all included on their page. However, the Indian updates have been indicated for the 7T and 7T Pro only. The details for the update were provided on OnePlus’s forums.
The codified list for the EU and Global versions are down below.
|Model||EU Update||GLO Update||IN Update|
|OnePlus 7 Pro||22.214.171.124GM21BA||126.96.36.199.GM21AA|
|OnePlus 7T Pro||188.8.131.52HD01BA||184.108.40.206.HD01AA||220.127.116.11.HD01AA|
According to the devs, the update will be a staged rollout, so avoid trying to use incompatible international versions of the update.
That’s about all we’ve got at the moment. Do let us know if you found anything off or something that we missed out on. We do love reading your comments. For more similar content visit us at Phoneswiki.com.