Discover how to use Story Mode on TikTok, the brand-new feature that has recently arrived. Story Mode offers users a fresh way to share videos with a unique camera angle and ratio, which many claims makes them look ‘hot’—resulting in widespread excitement and obsession.
In addition to Story Mode, TikTok has introduced several other notable features in 2023. TikTok Series allows paying users to create collections of premium content, and an eagerly anticipated auto-scroll trial has also been launched. However, Story Mode appears to be the most significant addition yet.
What is Story Mode on TikTok?
TikTok’s Story Mode has joined the existing duration of 15 seconds, 60 seconds, and 10 minutes as a fresh way to record and share videos on the platform. With Story Mode, users can capture content that deviates from the traditional full-screen format.
When utilizing Story Mode, the camera zooms out and adjusts to a smaller ratio, resulting in a different visual presentation. This change allows for a wider perspective, creating a unique viewing experience for the audience. Additionally, Story Mode offers the option to simultaneously record using both the front and back cameras, similar to the BeReal effect. This dual-camera functionality enables users to showcase both perspectives on the screen concurrently, opening up new creative possibilities.
While Story Mode is primarily intended for posting stories on TikTok, it can also be used for regular videos. Users are enthusiastically embracing this new feature, asserting that it enhances the clarity and visual appeal of their videos, while also providing a more flattering appearance.
The positive reception of Story Mode is evident on social media platforms like Twitter, where users express their excitement and satisfaction with the feature. Many users have praised the transformative impact of Story Mode on their videos, claiming that it significantly improves their overall quality.
How to do Story Mode on TikTok?
To explore and use Story Mode on TikTok, follow these steps (if applicable):
- Open the TikTok app on your device and tap the “+” button to initiate the recording of a new video.
- Above the camera button, you will notice four options: 10m, 60s, 15s, and Story. Swipe or scroll to the “Story” option.
- Once you’ve selected Story Mode, press and hold down the record button to start capturing your video.
- When you are done recording, release the record button. You will then have the option to either upload the video to your Story by tapping the tick icon or post it directly to TikTok by tapping the arrow icon.
- If you choose to upload the video to your Story, you can modify the audience who can view the video by adjusting the settings located underneath the tick icon.
By following these steps, you can leverage the Story Mode feature on TikTok and share your videos with a different camera angle and ratio, providing a fresh and engaging viewing experience for your audience.
What to do if your Story Mode is not working on TikTok?
If Story Mode is not available as an option on your TikTok account, it indicates that the feature has not been rolled out to your region yet. TikTok typically introduces new features gradually across different locations, so it should become available on your account in the upcoming weeks. However, if you’re eager to access the feature sooner, here are some steps you can take:
- Ensure that you have the latest version of the TikTok app installed on your device. Check your device’s app store (Google Play Store for Android or App Store for iOS) for any available updates and install them if necessary.
- Log out of your TikTok account and then log back in. Sometimes, signing out and signing back in can refresh your account settings and potentially enable new features.
- If logging out doesn’t work, you can try deleting the TikTok app from your device and then reinstalling it. This can help ensure that you have a clean installation of the app, which may resolve any issues preventing the appearance of new features.
- Clear the TikTok cache in your device’s settings. Go to the settings menu, locate the TikTok app, and find the option to clear the cache. This action can remove any temporary data or glitches that might be affecting the app’s functionality.
By following these steps, you may increase the chances of gaining access to Story Mode on TikTok. However, please keep in mind that the availability of features can vary based on your region and device. Be patient, as the feature should become accessible to you in due course.
To stay updated with the latest information and tutorials on Story Mode and other new features, visit the official TikTok website, check their help center or FAQs, and follow their official social media accounts. TikTok often provides comprehensive guides and announcements to assist users in maximizing their experience on the platform.