With the recent release of iOS 17, Apple’s latest operating system, users are eager to explore its new features, particularly in customizing their iMessage Background experience.
However, as of the latest update, iOS 17 does not offer the option to change the iMessage background. Despite providing various personalization features, the iMessage Background iOS 17 remains limited to two themes: white or black. Unfortunately, customizing the iMessage background with different colors or designs is not a feature available in iOS 17. For the most up-to-date and detailed information on this topic, it’s best to refer to the official Apple documentation or directly explore the settings on an iOS 17 device.
What are the default iMessage background colors?
In iOS 17, it’s important to note that altering the iMessage background is not a feature offered. Users are restricted to the predefined white or black themes, with no capability to set custom backgrounds or themes.
Can you change iMessage Background in iOS 17?
Regrettably, in iOS 17, the ability to modify the iMessage background remains unavailable. The sole choices for customization are sticking to the white or black themes.
Furthermore, altering the bubble colors is not an option either. The bubbles will retain their blue hue for iMessages sent via an internet connection and green for SMS messages.
To toggle your iMessage between white and black mode, follow these steps: Open your iPhone Settings, tap on Display & Brightness, and then select either Light or Dark mode.
Yet, despite the limitations of iOS 17, there are ways to break free from the standard iMessage background and infuse your own personal touch. Continue reading to learn how to customize your iMessage background.
How to customize iMessage Background without Jailbreak?
If you’re looking to customize your iMessage background without resorting to jailbreaking your iPhone, third-party applications can offer a solution. Apple, as of now, doesn’t provide a built-in feature to change the background of your text messages. Here’s a simple guide to achieve this:
- Access the App Store: Open the App Store icon on your iPhone’s Home screen and tap on the search option at the bottom.
- Search for Customization Apps: Enter “color text messages” in the search bar and initiate the search. You’ll find various apps that offer iMessage customization, allowing you to change background colors, text colors, fonts, bubble styles, and more.
- Choose and Install an App: Select an app that aligns with your preferences, download, and install it on your iPhone.
- Launch the Chosen Application: Open the newly installed application and utilize its features to modify your iMessage background, be it by adding an image or selecting a different color.
By following these steps, you can effectively change your iMessage background using a third-party application available through the App Store.
How to customize iMessage Background iOS 17 with Jailbreak?
Jailbreaking an iPhone allows extensive customization of the device. However, it’s essential to understand that this action voids Apple’s Terms of Service and forfeits your warranty coverage.
For those opting to jailbreak and seeking to alter the iMessage background, Cydia, a package manager app facilitating the discovery and installation of preferred software on iOS devices, is instrumental. Most popular iOS jailbreaking tools automatically integrate Cydia during the jailbreaking procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide on changing the iMessage wallpaper post-jailbreak:
- Perform iPhone Jailbreak: Initiate the jailbreaking process using a reputable iOS jailbreaking tool. This will grant access to Cydia.
- Access Cydia: Launch Cydia on your iPhone by tapping its dedicated icon.
- Search for Customization Applications: Within Cydia, use the search function and input “SMS/Desktop Background” to locate relevant applications.
- Install the Desktop/SMS Background App: Opt for the “Desktop/SMS Background” option from the search results. Tap “Install,” followed by “Confirm” to complete the application installation.
- Configure the Background: Navigate to your iPhone’s Settings menu and tap on “Wallpaper.”
- Select Your Preferred Image: Under “Wallpaper,” opt for “Camera Roll” and choose the image you wish to set as the text message background.
- Apply the Background: After selecting the image, tap the “SMS” button to designate the chosen image as the background for your iPhone’s Messages application.
By adhering to these steps after jailbreaking and utilizing Cydia, you can customize your iMessage background with the desired image. However, exercise caution and comprehend the implications of jailbreaking your device before proceeding.
Must Read: Download handpicked iOS 17 Wallpaper 4K for iPhone lock screen and carplay
How to change iMessage Background in iOS 17 to Dark Mode?
To change the background of your Messages app to a black theme on your iPhone, you can simply activate Dark Mode. Dark Mode transforms the entire user interface, displaying a black background with white text. This feature is particularly useful for reducing eye strain and enhancing visibility, especially during nighttime usage. Here’s a step-by-step guide to enabling Dark Mode on your iPhone:
- Access Control Center: Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone screen to open the Control Center.
- Enable Dark Mode: Press and hold the Brightness slider. A menu will appear, and within it, find the Dark Mode button. Tap on it to turn on Dark Mode. To disable Dark Mode, tap the icon again.
Alternatively, you can activate Dark Mode through the Settings menu with these steps:
- Open Settings: Navigate to your iPhone’s Home screen and tap on the Settings app.
- Access Display Settings: Inside the Settings menu, tap on “Display.”
- Enable Dark Mode: Look for the “Dark” option and tap on it to activate Dark Mode. If you wish to disable it, tap “Light” or “Off.”
By following these instructions, you can easily switch to Dark Mode, alter the background of your Messages app to a black theme, and improve visibility, especially in low-light environments.
How to add screen effects to iMessage?
Adding captivating screen effects to your text messages is a straightforward process right within the messaging app on your iPhone. You can choose from a variety of effects like fireworks, bubbles, lasers, shooting stars, and more. Here’s a step-by-step guide to applying these screen effects:
- Access the Messages App: Begin by opening the Messages app on your iPhone.
- Initiate a New Chat: Start a new chat with the recipient you want to message.
- Compose Your Message: Type out the message you want to send.
- Apply the Screen Effect: To access the screen effects, press and hold the “Send” button. This action will prompt you to choose an effect from the available options.
By following these steps, you can effortlessly infuse your text messages with dynamic screen effects, enhancing the visual appeal right from the messaging app on your iPhone.
Many users have expressed their frustration and disappointment regarding the inability to customize the iMessage background and bubble colors on iOS 17. On platforms like Twitter, people have voiced their desires for this feature and highlighted their expectations from new iOS updates. Some are eagerly anticipating the day when Apple might allow customization of iMessage bubbles and backgrounds, expressing a desire for different colors, fonts, and the ability to use personal pictures for customization. The community is looking forward to more comprehensive personalization options in future updates.