Issues have been reported regarding an annoying glitch affecting Instagram users this week, causing Dark Mode to malfunction. The “Instagram Dark Mode goes White” problem resurfaced on Tuesday, June 13, following Instagram’s most recent update, which also introduced changes to Notes.
Instagram introduced the Dark Mode feature in 2019, giving users the option to switch between the light and dark themes within the app. Dark Mode provides a darker color scheme, which is easier on the eyes in low-light environments and can help reduce eye strain. Users can enable Dark Mode in the settings of their Instagram app, and it has since become a popular feature across various social media platforms and applications.
However, the recent Instagram glitch when Dark Mode is not working as it should have left many users frustrated. Let’s find details about the issue and workarounds till the devs release a fix!
What is Instagram Dark Mode goes White issue?
It can indeed be quite jarring and uncomfortable to experience a sudden shift from the dark-themed Instagram feed to a blindingly bright screen when reopening the app and toggling thereafter. This kind of inconsistency in the display can be disruptive and unpleasant, especially if you are in a low-light environment or have become accustomed to using the app in Dark Mode.
Users’ reports on social media suggest that there are two variations of the Instagram Dark Mode goes White issue: one where Dark Mode and Light Mode elements are mixed together, resulting in a combination of black and white sections within the app, and another where Dark Mode fails to work altogether, leaving the account stuck in Light Mode.
It’s understandable that many users have expressed their frustrations regarding the glitch on Instagram through Twitter. The mix of Dark Mode and Light Mode elements within the app has caused inconvenience and a visually inconsistent experience for users. Some have complained about the home page appearing in Light Mode while other sections remain in Dark Mode.
Users have also shared their discomfort with the sudden switch to a bright, white screen, particularly after being accustomed to Dark Mode. The sudden switch from Dark Mode to light mode without any recent updates or changes in settings can indeed be frustrating for affected users. It disrupts the user experience and can strain their eyes, particularly in low-light environments where the bright screen may be more glaring.
The mix of light and dark modes in the Instagram app can result in a disorienting visual experience, impacting both the aesthetics and functionality of the app. This inconsistency can make it challenging for users to navigate and interact with the interface effectively.
The conflicting color schemes can lead to specific elements, such as buttons or icons, becoming difficult to see or interact with. This can be frustrating for users as it hinders their ability to engage with the app’s features and perform desired actions.
When faced with such a situation, it is important to recognize that glitches or unexpected behavior can occur in software and app updates. In this case, it appears to be a specific issue with the Instagram app’s Dark Mode functionality.
Any workarounds to fix Instagram Dark Mode goes White issue?
If there is a bug causing Dark Mode to malfunction in the Instagram app, it’s possible that the Instagram team is already aware of the issue and actively working on a fix. In such cases, it’s common for app developers to address bugs and release updates to resolve the problem.
It’s recommended to regularly check for app updates in your device’s app store and install them as they become available. These updates often contain bug fixes and improvements that can help resolve issues with Dark Mode or other functionalities.
While it’s difficult to provide an exact timeframe for when the issue will be resolved, it’s generally expected that the Instagram team will work diligently to fix the bug and restore the normal functioning of the app. Keeping an eye on official announcements from Instagram or their support channels can provide updates on the progress made to address the issue.
In the meantime, you can try some of the troubleshooting steps to fix the Instagram Dark Mode goes White issue mentioned below to see if they provide any temporary relief or improve functionality.
- Toggle Dark Mode: In the Instagram app settings or the device settings, switch Dark Mode off and then on again. This action might help refresh the settings and resolve the issue.
- Restart the app and device: Close the Instagram app completely and then reopen it. Additionally, consider restarting the device itself. Sometimes, a simple restart can clear temporary glitches and restore Dark Mode functionality.
- Closing and reopening the Instagram app: Sometimes, closing and reopening an app can refresh its settings and clear temporary glitches that may be causing the Dark Mode malfunction. Users can continue to use this workaround until an official fix is released by Instagram.
- Clear Instagram’s cache: Clearing the cache can help resolve temporary data conflicts or corrupted files that may be causing the glitch.
- Check for app updates: Ensure that you have the latest version of the Instagram app installed. Developers frequently release updates to address bugs and improve app performance. If an update is available, install it and see if it resolves the issue.
- Reset app preferences: In the device settings, navigate to the app preferences or app management section and find Instagram. From there, clear the app’s cache and data. This action will reset any custom settings related to the app, including Dark Mode preferences. Note that clearing app data will remove locally stored content, so it’s important to back up any necessary data before proceeding.
- Reinstall the app: If the issue persists, consider uninstalling the Instagram app and then reinstalling it. This process can help eliminate any corrupted files or settings that may be causing the problem. As always, remember to back up any important data before proceeding.
- Contact Instagram Support: If none of the above steps resolves the issue, it’s advisable to reach out to Instagram’s support team for further assistance. They will have access to more specific troubleshooting steps or may be able to identify if there is a known issue with Dark Mode and provide an estimated timeline for its resolution.
Please note that these steps to fix Instagram Dark Mode goes White are general suggestions and may not specifically address the glitch you described. It’s important to stay updated with official announcements from Instagram and check their support resources for any known issues or troubleshooting guidance related to Dark Mode.