The game Texas Chainsaw Massacre has been consistently plagued by performance problems across all platforms, with PC users being particularly affected by frequent crashes that prevent the game from starting. The Texas ChainSaw Massacre crash/won’t start issue has become one of the most common errors reported by the community, yet a definitive solution has not been implemented. In the absence of a permanent fix, players have come up with some temporary workarounds that might help address the problem, at least to a certain extent.
While these workarounds may not completely eliminate The Texas ChainSaw Massacre crash/won’t start issue, they can provide a way for players to log into the game until the crash occurs again.
The guide for The Texas ChainSaw Massacre crash/won’t start issue aims to provide steps to deal with the frequent crashes and startup errors that players are encountering.
For many gamers, the Texas Chainsaw Massacre game is crashing or failing to start altogether. Consequently, players have been actively seeking fixes to resolve this problem. Encountering bugs like this in a new game has become commonplace nowadays. So, what can be done to resolve the issue of Texas Chainsaw Massacre not launching? Continue reading to find out.
The Texas ChainSaw Massacre is a video game adaptation of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise. Developed by Sumo Nottingham and published by Gun Interactive, it offers cooperative gameplay and player-versus-player combat. However, since its release, numerous players have reported facing compatibility problems during the game’s launch, resulting in unexpected crashes.
These Texas ChainSaw Massacre crash/won’t start issues have caused frustration among players who were eager to explore the game and its various features. Nevertheless, the developers are actively working to address these problems and ensure a smoother and more enjoyable gaming experience for all players once the issues are resolved.
What is The Texas ChainSaw Massacre crash/won’t start glitch?
Players of Sumo Digital’s recent release, “The Texas Chain Saw Massacre,” are encountering a problematic issue where the game is reportedly crashing unexpectedly during gameplay or even upon launch, depending on the gaming platform being used.
Players have taken to social platforms such as Twitter and Reddit to express their frustration about this issue, revealing that the crashes seem to occur without warning or predictability. Some examples of players sharing their experiences include:
“The Texas Chain Saw Massacre” is an asymmetrical survival horror game where players participate in online matches, attempting to escape from the clutches of the Slaughter family. Despite receiving praise and positive feedback, this persistent crashing issue has cast a shadow over the game’s reputation.
The crashing problem affects both console and PC versions of the game. Console players report crashes happening during gameplay, while PC players, specifically on Steam, report crashes occurring during the initial loading screen.
Initially, these crashes were rare occurrences around the game’s launch. However, due to undisclosed issues, this problem has become increasingly prevalent, causing disruption for players more recently. Some players are pointing out that these crashes seemed to become more noticeable after a fix for the ‘invite bug,’ which previously caused lobby sizes to exceed the intended limit of six players.
Players are appealing for the developers to address these crashing issues, especially given that the game was initially stable for many players but has now become prone to multiple crashes after the invite fix.
For players experiencing the startup crashing issue in “The Texas Chain Saw Massacre,” the problem could be attributed to temporary glitches, game file complications, or even computer-related problems. Frequently, PC gamers encounter challenges related to game files or hardware/software issues, which could lead to crashes occurring unexpectedly.
How to fix The Texas ChainSaw Massacre crash/won’t start issue?
Amidst the growing concerns and reports of issues, the developers of the game have taken steps to address the problem by offering an official interim solution:
For those using Steam, a temporary workaround has been provided until a comprehensive fix is implemented. The suggested workaround involves rebooting the game application, Steam, and the PC itself. Additionally, disabling any GPU-related software such as MSI Afterburner is recommended as it might contribute to the issues. However, it’s worth noting that this solution is tailored for PC players on the Steam platform and its effectiveness could be temporary in nature.
Despite this temporary fix, the developers have assured players that they are actively working on a complete and lasting solution to address the crashing problems.
Updates regarding this issue will be monitored closely, and any further developments will be shared as they occur.
While a definitive permanent solution to the crashing and startup errors in Texas Chainsaw Massacre isn’t available, there are several workarounds that players can consider trying:
- Update the Game: Keep an eye out for patches or hotfixes from developer Sumo Digital, as they are aware of the performance issues. Make sure to download and install any available updates for the game.
- Update Graphics Card Drivers: Outdated graphics card drivers could contribute to crashes. Update your graphics card drivers through the manufacturer’s desktop app or by manually downloading the latest versions from their official websites.
- Turn Off Steam FPS Counter: Disable the Steam FPS overlay if it’s enabled for the game, as this could prevent crashes. Access this option through Steam Client settings under the “In-game” tab.
- Uninstall VR Toolbox: If you have the Steam VR toolbox installed, temporarily uninstall it as it might be causing issues with the game.
- File a Support Ticket: If all else fails, consider reaching out to support by creating a ticket on the TCM Support Website, explaining the error you’re encountering.
For users facing startup issues, here are some additional solutions to consider:
- Update GPU Driver: Outdated graphics drivers could lead to crashes. Update your GPU driver via Device Manager. Do a clean installation of graphics driver NVIDIA or AMD
- Uninstall SteamVR & VR Toolbox: Some players on Steam Community have found success by uninstalling SteamVR or VR Toolbox if they are installed.
- Check for Updates: Make sure your game is up to date with the latest patches.
- Turn off Steam FPS Counter: Disabling the in-game FPS counter through Steam settings might help.
- Contact Support: If none of the above fixes work, report the issue to the developers via the TCM Support Website.
While conventional solutions like verifying game files, reinstalling the game, and disabling MSI Afterburner have proven ineffective, trying these solutions could potentially help resolve the startup problems experienced in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre game.