PokeCoins are precious resources in Pokemon Go, serving as the in-game currency that can be used to purchase a wide range of items. Pokemon GO Coins can be obtained through gameplay or bought with real money. PokeCoins offer Trainers the means to acquire various in-game items like Poké Balls, Incubators, Lure Modules, Raid Passes, and Battle Passes. Additionally, they can be spent on expanding your Bag, Storage, and Postcard Pages. PokeCoins also facilitate the acquisition of a Team Medallion, allowing you to switch Teams in the game.
In Pokemon Go, there are numerous activities for players, such as collecting Pokemon, challenging gyms, and defeating powerful raid bosses. To aid in these endeavors, players can purchase items from the in-game store. Most items in the store are priced in PokeCoins, which can be earned in-game or purchased directly with real money. While buying PokeCoins speeds up progress, not everyone is willing to make real-world investments.
PokeCoins are always in high demand as they enhance the overall gaming experience. While not essential for game progression, they provide a touch of luxury. These Pokemon GO Coins are primarily used to acquire items that are otherwise obtained through grinding or regular gameplay.
Players can earn PokeCoins through two primary methods: dedicating time and effort to grind for them, or investing real money. One way to earn Pokemon GO Coins free is by defending Pokémon Go Gyms. Simply by holding a gym for 10 minutes, you can earn one PokeCoin in-game without spending real money. Beware of scam websites promising Pokemon GO Coins free; they’re typically ineffective, and we strongly advise against using them.
Since PokeCoins are highly sought after by Trainers, they can be acquired in various ways within the game, including the Pokémon GO Web Store. This guide covers all aspects of Pokemon GO Coins, including tips on earning bonus PokeCoins in Pokemon Go.
How to get free Pokecoins in Pokemon Go?
PokeCoins offer significant advantages to players, not just for those looking to buy items. They can also be utilized to expand both item bags and Pokémon Storage, which can be particularly useful given the continuous addition of new Pokémon to Pokémon GO. Furthermore, players have the option to purchase a Team Medallion for 1,000 PokeCoins, allowing them to switch teams in the game.
Currently, there are only three legitimate methods to obtain free PokeCoins in Pokémon Go, and we’ll explain them. One is an official in-game method, while the second method involves seeking assistance from external sources.
The first and official way to earn PokeCoins is by capturing and strengthening gyms. This method is recognized as the sole legitimate way to obtain Pokemon GO Coins free within the game.
Pokemon GO Coins Gym
The primary in-game method to acquire PokeCoins in Pokémon Go involves engaging with Gyms. While it requires effort, it doesn’t involve spending real money. Here’s how Pokemon GO Coins Gym method works:
- Locate a Gym and either capture it from an opposing team or fortify a Gym that your team already controls, enabling you to place your Pokémon there.
- It’s important to note that there is a daily limit of 50 PokeCoins that you can earn using this method.
- You will earn 1 PokeCoin every 10 minutes your Pokémon successfully defends a Gym.
- You can only assign one of your Pokémon to one Gym at any given time.
- Additionally, you can place your Pokémon in up to 20 Gyms concurrently, which means you have the opportunity to earn from multiple Gyms, but the daily limit still applies.
To maximize your earnings using the Pokemon GO Coins Gym method, you’ll need to be proactive in capturing and fortifying Gyms because other players will also be vying for control. This may necessitate using numerous Potions to keep your Pokémon in good fighting shape, so be sure to stock up on these items.
The amount of PokéCoins you can earn depends on how long your Pokémon remains stationed at a Gym controlled by your team. You receive one PokéCoin every ten minutes your Pokémon successfully defends the Gym. To reach the daily maximum limit of 50 PokéCoins, your Pokémon must remain at the Gym for a total of 500 minutes, which is equivalent to eight hours and 20 minutes, before it’s automatically removed from the Gym.
The daily 50-coin limit extends to multiple Pokémon. If two Pokémon hit the limit and are returned from Gyms on the same day, players will still receive a maximum of 50 coins. However, when one of the two Pokémon is returned from a Gym on one day, and the second Pokémon is returned on the next day, players can earn a total of 100 coins. This is due to the daily cap resetting at midnight in the player’s local time, allowing them to collect coins over different days if their Pokémon are returned from Gyms on separate occasions.
Pokemon GO Coins Gym system requires you to make thoughtful choices when selecting which Pokémon to place at a Gym, as you might also want strong Pokémon available for Raid battles. To increase your Pokémon’s chances of lasting a long time at the Gym, you can feed it Berries to restore its health, especially if you’re in the vicinity of the Gym. This approach can help your Pokémon hold its position and maximize your daily PokéCoin earnings.
Pokemon GO Coins from Google Opinion Rewards money
The most direct way to acquire PokeCoins in Pokémon Go is through purchasing them. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Pokémon Go app and tap the Pokeball icon on the main screen.
- From the menu that appears, select “Shop.”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Shop menu, where you can buy PokeCoins.
Here are the available packages and prices for PokeCoins in Pokémon Go:
- $0.99: 100 coins
- $4.99: 550 coins
- $9.99: 1,200 coins
- $19.99: 2,500 coins
- $39.99: 5,200 coins
- $99.99: 14,500 coins
This pricing structure is in line with the typical model used in freemium games, and Pokémon Go is no exception. While buying PokeCoins requires spending real money, it’s worth noting that there are legitimate methods to earn free Google Play credit, which can then be used to purchase coins without using your own funds.
How to earn Google Play credit?
To accumulate Google Play credit that you can use to purchase PokeCoins in Pokémon Go, follow these steps:
- Download the Google Opinion Rewards app by clicking on the provided link.
- Open the app and set it up, which may include taking an introductory survey. Follow the app’s instructions for the initial setup.
- After setup, you can close the app and continue playing Pokémon Go as usual.
- In the following days, weeks, and months, you will receive notifications from the app, asking you to complete surveys.
- Each survey typically takes only a few minutes and consists of a few questions.
- Almost every time you complete a survey, you will be rewarded with Google Play credit, which can be used for purchases on the Play Store, including in-app purchases.
- It’s important to note that not every survey will reward you with credit, so keep that in mind.
- Over time, you will accumulate enough Google Play credit, which you can then use to buy PokeCoins. While you may not amass a substantial number of coins, it’s a nice occasional boost to your in-game currency.
From the Pokémon GO Web Store
Another method to acquire PokéCoins is by purchasing them directly from the in-game Shop or through the Pokémon GO Web Store. It’s important to note that you cannot use existing PokéCoins to buy more PokéCoins; instead, you’ll need to use real-world money based on your local currency or region to obtain PokéCoins. These in-game currency bundles are available in various packages.
Niantic, the developer of Pokémon GO, strongly advises Trainers to exclusively purchase PokéCoins from within the Pokémon GO game or the official Web Store. Attempting to acquire PokéCoins through unofficial or third-party sources can lead to scams, and there’s a risk of facing consequences from Niantic, including potential punishment. Therefore, it is highly recommended to buy PokéCoins in-game or from the official Web Store to ensure your security and avoid potential issues.
How to earn Bonus PokeCoins in Pokemon GO?
With the launch of the Pokémon GO Web Store on May 24th, 2023, Niantic is providing Trainers with the opportunity to earn bonus PokéCoins. Here’s how it works:
- After logging into the Pokémon GO Web Store using your preferred sign-in method, you can purchase available PokéCoin bundles, and you’ll receive additional PokéCoins as a bonus.
- Here are the listed PokéCoin bundles and the bonus coins you can earn when purchasing them from the Pokémon GO Web Store:
- 1,260 PokéCoins: Get 60 bonus coins
- 2,650 PokéCoins: Receive 150 bonus coins
- 5,600 PokéCoins: Earn 400 bonus coins
- 15,500 PokéCoins: Gain 1,000 bonus coins
It’s important to note that Niantic and their “authorized global distributor” have approved specific payment options for making purchases with real-world money. These include American Express, Cash App, Discover, Maestro, Mastercard, and Visa. However, other payment options not listed may still be functional during the checkout process.
What to buy with PokeCoins?
For newcomers to the game, let’s quickly go over what you can purchase with PokeCoins in Pokémon Go:
- Boxes: Pokémon Go offers various surprise boxes at different prices, each containing random items and prizes.
- Passes: You can buy Remote Raid Passes for 195 coins (one pass) or 525 coins (three passes). Premium Battle Passes are available for 100 coins (one pass) or 250 coins (three passes).
- Incubators: Purchase Egg Incubators for 150 coins (one) or Super Incubators for 200 coins (one).
- Poffins: You can acquire Poffins for 100 coins each.
- Poke Balls: Buy 20 Poke Balls for 100 coins, 100 Poke Balls for 460 coins, or 200 Poke Balls for 800 coins.
- Incense: Get Incense for 40 coins (one) or 250 coins (eight).
- Star Piece: Purchase Star Pieces for 100 coins (one) or 640 coins (eight).
- Max Potions: You can get 10 Max Potions for 200 coins.
- Lucky Egg: Buy Lucky Eggs for 80 coins (one) or 500 coins (eight).
- Max Revives: Purchase six Max Revives for 180 coins.
- Lure Modules: Various Lure Modules are available for different types, including Glacial, Mossy, Magnetic, Rainy, and regular Lure Modules. Prices range from 100 to 180 coins (one module) or 680 coins (eight modules).
- Item Bag: Expand your item storage by 50 slots for 200 coins. This upgrade is permanent.
- Pokémon Storage Upgrade: Increase the number of Pokémon you can carry by 50 for 200 coins. This upgrade is permanent.
- Postcard Pages: You can save additional Postcards, increasing your capacity by 50 for 100 coins. This upgrade is permanent.
- Team Medallion: For 1,000 coins, you can purchase a Team Medallion, which allows you to switch teams. This item can only be bought once every 365 days.
PokeCoins are a valuable and relatively rare resource in the game, so it’s essential to spend them wisely. Make thoughtful choices based on your in-game needs and preferences. If you have any interesting stories, tips, or tricks related to PokeCoins, feel free to share them in the comments!