“Isekai”, a genre that conveys the idiomatic equivalent of flogging a dead horse. Much to the chagrin of its fans, most anime shows that enter such a playing field are subject to dreary characters and impassive world-building. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t entirely hate the idea of watching an isekai-themed show. It’s just that much of the content out there are poorly generated copies consisting of unoriginal ideas. In Another World With My Smartphone Season 2 won’t be receiving any warmth from me.
Besides this rather restricted rant of mine, I’ve gone to various lengths to find out if there’s any news about it as well. Read on for more you weird weebs.
When is In Another World With My Smartphone Season 2 coming out?
In Another World With My Smartphone aka Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni is written by Patora Fuyuhara with illustrations by Eiji Usatsuka. Digitalization began in 2013 on Shōsetsuka ni Narō website with the last volume coming out in December 2019. The light-hearted isekai-themed novel since then got adapted into an ongoing manga and Season 1 anime.
‘In Another World With My Smartphone’ Season 1 Episode 1 anime aired on 11th July 2017. It comprised of 12 episodes will the last one airing on 26th September 2017. Given the massive hiatus of around 4 years, I doubt there could be a possible second season in making.
‘In Another World With My Smartphone’ Season 2 release date will probably not happen any time soon. Whaaa!, don’t cry young weeblets. Most of the time the success rate of a show is determined by its viewership and reception by its audience. There are a bunch of possibilities that influence my decision at the moment. They may be mere speculations also. Check out below:
- The Light Novel was popular with well-received when it came to public opinion. However, the anime was far lacking in quality and presentation. Character development was skipped unnecessarily. Strike One, lackluster first impressions?
- The current score based on user reviews averaged at 6.21. For a light novel or manga to be given an anime adaptation, profitability the popularity score is a key factor. Two Strikes in…
- Lack of source material might be argued in such a case. Let’s take a look at the facts then. The Light Novel has reached its 19th issue. It would be more than enough to cover for a Season 2 based on the fact that Season 1 is based on the first three issues. Nearly 18 of the total releases are translated to English as well. And that’s Strike Three.
Season 1 had a slow start however the pace picked up. With almost 16 issues of the novel to be covered in the forthcoming Season, anime lovers are looking forward to branding new genres centered around mecha robot battles.
The amount of material available to carry out serialization is enough to spread across a whole new 2-cour 25-episode season. Looking at the increasing demand for a new season, if all goes well, ‘In Another World With My Smartphone Season 2 release can happen sometime in Fall 2021 or 2022.
We have already given coverage to all the possible spring and winter releases for 2021. Most of the shows involved are putting out their next Season release, which begs the question of Isekai Wa Smartphone To Tomo Ni Season 2 will get an anime adaptation in late 2021 or even in 2022.
In Another World With My Smartphone Cast
The central 15-year-old character of Touya will be retained. Check out who will be part of the gang:
- Touya Mochizuki
- Yumina Urnea Belfast: She is the first of Touya’s wife group.
- Linze Silhoueska: Younger twin sister of Elze. She is second to join Touya’s wife group.
- Elze Silhoueska: Joins her sibling sister in Touya’s wife group.
- Yae Kokonoe: 4th one to be part of Touya’s wife group
- Leen: Part of the future wife of Touya.
- Sushie Ernea Ortlinde: Cousin of Yumina. Part of the future wife of Touya.
- Lucia Rea Regulus: A princess and another future bride of Touya
- Hildegard Minas Lestia: A princess and another future bride of Touya
- Sakura: A princess and another future bride of Touya
How many wives does Touya have?
It comes to 9! Phew
In Another World With My Smartphone English Dub
The show has currently finished only its Season 1 debut consisting of 12 episodes. Currently, the English dub is hosted by Funimation and the Studio behind its workings is Production Reed.
My recommendations for “In Another World With My Smartphone” Season 2
The Manga is currently witnessing a backlog, until the manga catches up it’s unlikely the show would have a Season 2. The Manga source for the anime is currently being translated with about seven of the total seventy being completed.
My advice: read the Light Novel. The story is far more developed than what you might get in the manga or anime. People who’ve read the LN have also claimed the addition of a few more elements. It’s not perfect, but it does have a legitimate niche in the isekai genre. Not as sensationalized as other series, but still a decent story.
Spoiler Alert, head over to the next paragraph to avoid it. Apparently, the author has included a mecha-themed development in the LN. It does make the story slightly more palatable than merely going around delivering fanservice.
Isekai Wa Smartphone To Tomo Ni isn’t impressive by any means. The audience intended for the show is likely harem enthusiasts who’ve got an affinity for this sort of thing. I personally wouldn’t be recommending watching this show.
It is a watch for people who are just getting into anime, but eventually they would come to dislike it. Season 1 was full of cliché and if Season 2 is also on similar lines then probably not. But if it ticks all the boxes for you, go ahead.
I hope we covered all the necessary details. Not much exists as of now, but as time passes we’ll add more. What do you think about the Anime though? Is it as interesting as it should be? Let us know in the comments below. For more similar info head over to our website.