A couple of months ago Xiaomi had unveiled its latest Android 12 skin aka MIUI 13. In March, devices like POCO F3 GT, Xiaomi 11 Lite NE, and Xiaomi 11T Pro have started receiving MIUI 13 updates in India. As per Xiaomi’s software update policy, devices will get 3 Android version updates and MIUI updates for 4 consecutive years. In other words, the company will no longer support a few older versions. Obviously, it’s not good news for many Xiaomi smartphone holders.
With Xiaomi focusing more on quantity rather than quality, it has to gradually abandon supporting updates to its older models. It has released the latest official EOS (End of Support) list that needs to be glanced at by every Xiaomi/Redmi phone owner.
The following models will no longer be updated with the latest software and security updates. If you own an outdated Xiaomi or Redmi smartphone, know that soon it may no longer receive system as well planned security updates. Here’s the complete list of all End of Support devices
- Xiaomi Mi 1, Mi 2, Mi 2A, Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi 4S, Mi 4C, Mi 5, Mi 5S, Mi 5S Plus, Mi 5C, Mi 5X, Mi 6, Mi 6X, Mi 8 UD, Mi 8 Explorer Edition, Mi 8 SE, Mi 8 Lite, Mi 9 SE
- Xiaomi Mi Note, Mi Note Pro, Mi Note 2, Mi Note 3
- Xiaomi MIX, MIX 2, MIX 2S, MIX 3
- Xiaomi Mi Max, Mi Max 2, Mi Max 3
- Xiaomi Mi A1, Mi A2, Mi A2 Lite
- Xiaomi Mi Pad, Mi Pad 2, Mi Pad 3, Mi Pad 4, Mi Pad 4 Plus
- Xiaomi Mi Play
- Redmi Note 1, Note 1S, Note 2, Note 2 Pro, Note 3, Note 4, Note 4X, Note 5, Note 5A, Note 6 Pro
- Redmi 1, 1S, 2, 2A, 3, 3S, 3X, 4, 4X, 4A, 5, 5 Plus, 5A, 6, 6 Pro, 6A
- Redmi Pro
- Redmi S2, Y2
It is good news if you did not find your device on the list. You will continue to receive updates with the wait for MIUI 13 on rise.