Sometimes, a web designer needs a thematic guideline to design a website. WordPress and Joomla are two such blogging tools. Web designers use these tools to stylize their websites.
Start-ups and medium-sized- businesses often do not have a lot of funds to design their website. They also cannot afford to hire a pricey web designer. These are the places where CMSs like WordPress and Joomla come into the scenario. They are beneficial to the business in a diverse way:
- Free download and easy to install.
- Offer thousands of varied templates
- There are different learning techniques to explore and engage with other people both online as well as offline.
- You can download the unavailable features on these tools through simple extensions.
Adelaide web designers are experts in the use of WordPress and Joomla-based websites. They facilitate the development of multiple medium-sized businesses.
Comparison Between WordPress and Joomla in Context of Small Scale Business
- There are a lot of different templates in WordPress, yet they all seem the same. You will need to personalize your page with HTML/PHP to make it stand out and give it a distinct look. Whereas Joomla has a lot of varieties to offers.
- In WordPress, the codes from the plugins may even interfere with the rest of your website. These may affect your website negatively. Joomla offers have a controlled coding system and are far more user-friendly. You will not want your e-commerce site to crash, will you?
- Although WordPress is easier to use, Joomla offers a more advanced system for user control.
- WordPress has a built-in split between blog posts and static pages. Joomla has a unified article type that you may customize using categories.
- Joomla has multilingual support at its core. But WordPress requires the usage of a third-party plugin.
- WordPress is easy to download and install in your software. Joomla requires some prerequisite knowledge and a little more effort to handle the advanced features.
Irrespective of Joomla’s overall high-end CMS feature, WordPress is for beginners learning the fundamentals of site design. Professional web designers prefer Joomla. A medium-sized business developing needs a professional and appealing website. But not something that becomes difficult for them to access. Adelaide web designers have put forward this suggestion.
Medium-sized businesses often do not time the time and money to invest in a web designer. Thus, Adelaide web designers often recommend the use of WordPress over Joomla. WordPress neither requires developed knowledge of web designing and has a built-in categorical content management style.
WordPress was launched in 2003 and Joomla was launched in 2005. While Joomlas’ content management system customer base has been dwindling ever since least 2010, and its overall proportion of the website market decreased for the first time in 2017. Until 2010, when WordPress took over, Joomla was genuinely in the forefront or close to it.