With OxygenOS 11 having received plenty of backlash for its not-so-optimized approach to various apps, it was expected that the OxygenOS 12 update would set things right. OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro had earlier been confirmed to receive OxygenOS 12 update. Fortunately, the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro devices have also qualified for the Android 12 eligibility list of OnePlus. It is also a welcome sign given the numerous manufacturers that discontinue future updates for older devices.
ColorOS 12 update status for OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, 7T Pro
On 23rd June, OnePlus started the Android 12-based ColorOS 12 beta rollout for the OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, and 7T Pro in China. On 1st July, OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 release was announced for the OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, and 7T Pro in India with the June 2022 Android security patches.
But before opting to download and have the optimal experience of OxygenOS 12, ensure that the device is on 22.214.171.124. or 126.96.36.199. version. Also, the minimum storage space needed is 4GB with the battery level above 30% and the phone backed up.
Although the installation of the beta build does not affect the data, however on switching to the stable build is likely to wipe out the data. Hence, backup of phone data is always suggested.
OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 brings with it improvements in the areas of the system, dark mode, games, and work-life balance apart from bug fixes.
As the name suggests it’s a beta build and released in order to collect feedback before rolling out to the stable OxygenOS12 update. Beta software patches come with a disclaimer that they are less stable than stable builds and shouldn’t be installed on the daily drivers.
Public beta OxygenOS 12 update for the OnePlus 7 series rollout has happened and depending on the feedback a stable version rollout is likely to happen in the third quarter of 2022.
Although OxygenOS 13 isn’t exactly making an appearance right now, the open beta is said to be released for the OnePlus 10 series. OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro have managed to be part of the Android 13 based OxygenOS 13 eligibility list.
One could expect the OxygenOS 12 update to be released in an orderly fashion for all the devices in the flagship OnePLus 7 product lineup.
OnePlus has given Rollback to Android 11 based OxygenOS 11 package links as well. Check them out in the table below
|Model||IN Update (Open Beta 1)||RollBack Package|
|OnePlus 7||H.20||Rollback package|
|OnePlus 7 Pro||H.20||Rollback package|
|OnePlus 7T||F.12||Rollback package|
|OnePlus 7T Pro||F.12||Rollback package|
How do I get OxygenOS 12 Update?
Here are simple steps by which one can install OxygenOS 12 update on eligible OnePlus devices.
- From the OnePlus forum site, download the ZIP files of the Oxygen OS 12 update. Pick the file download pertaining to the device’s location.
- The size of the download can be expected to range somewhere around 4GB
- Open the File Manager once the download is complete
- Tap on the Downloads icon where OxygenOS 12 update file will be available
- Edit the file name to remove the “.jar” extension. Select the downloaded .zip file and tap on the three-dots menu icon visible on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Rename
- Rename the file to remove the “.jar” extension. Only the “.zip” extension remains
- Cut and install the .zip file in internal storage
- To install the Android 12 update, go to Settings>System>System updates and select the Local Upgrade option (displayed as an icon in the top-right corner)
- Select the downloaded ZIP file and proceed with the installation
- Wait for it to finish. It will take 15 minutes approximately
- Restart the device
Is OxygenOS 12 Beta Safe to download?
Yes, it is because it is an official build released by devs. However, it can be unstable because it is not a stable version. While rolling out the beta version, the devs have put out a disclaimer that OxygenOS 12 beta update is an in-progress version. If you still want to give it a try, expect bugs and stability issues.
That’s about all we’ve got at the moment. Do let us know if you found anything off or something that we missed out on. We do love reading your comments. For more similar content visit us here.