The development of any digital product begins with the selection of a technology stack. Of great importance are the programming language and technologies with which ideas will be brought to life. Node.js and Python have become some of the most popular development tools today – it is often necessary to choose one of these two technologies.
Below we will try to review and describe both technologies in simple terms so that it will be easier for you to make the right choice between Python or Node.js on occasion.
Node.js vs Python Overview
Both tools are widely used in programming to create web products and other business projects. These technologies are the foundation, the basis for development.
Python is one of the most popular languages and is suitable for developing many applications and web solutions.Node.js is included in the top 10 technological web development. It is more difficult to master, but its capabilities are very wide, making it easy to solve even the most complex tasks.
What is Node.js?
The main feature of Node.js is the use of a non-blocking data input/output model. Just due to it, the web application turns out to be light, fast, advanced, and able to work on several devices at once. Why is it important for business? If there is a need to work from several computers on one project, Node.js will help to implement this. For example, a general reporting table, project editor, or CRM.
What is Python?
In terms of general purpose, purpose, Python is considered to be the most popular programming language. It is suitable for developing almost anything – websites, web applications, mobile applications, and other digital products. It is designed to create both simple solutions and complex powerful products that help solve business problems.
Comparing Node.js vs Python, it is worth noting that the latter is a programming language, not a framework. It’s interpreted, interactive, and object-oriented. Capable of supporting different packages and modules. Today, it is increasingly used to create complex products with machine learning, and large calculations.
Python needs a framework to run the backend. But it fits in with a lot of solutions, including Django, Flask, Pyramids, Tkinter/PySide, and more. Great for large projects and complex web solutions.
When to Use Node.js?
Now let’s look at examples of the use of download:
- if your product runs multiple parallel queries or renders intensively;
- you need a fast application that is able to instantly process requests, but at the same time it does not have complex computing processes;
- in the future, new features can be added and the product can be scaled up;
- want to try a startup or create a small business as soon as possible;
- plan to have a lot of traffic, let’s say you want to open an online store.
When to Use Python?
Python should be used in such cases:
- you have a large serious project that requires the processing of a large amount of information;
- the product will perform complex computing processes, for example, it will be used in science, the operation of equipment in production;
- suitable for volumetric modeling, work with artificial intelligence if you are making a web product that will recognize speech and use machine intelligence;
- you are creating an analytical application;
- great importance should be attached to data protection in the system;
You need to choose your technology stack carefully. Depending on the cost, productivity, and speed of development, it is worth making a choice.
Knowing all the features of the two technologies, you can determine what to choose for your business: Python or Node.js. As a rule, it is difficult to make an assessment on your own. Pitfalls can await you even if you know what product you want to get. Therefore, we recommend discussing your ideas in consultation with experts.