A couple of decades ago, a mobile phone had a small screen compared to its overall dimensions. In the middle of the 2000s, touch-based mobile phones were introduced, and nearly 60% of the front consisted of the screen. It was going well, and in the 2010s, there was another increase in the dimensions of the screen. By the end of the 2010s, we got to see the mobiles that had only a display at the front with little space for camera and sensors.
Xiaomi’s Mi Mix is one of the first mobile phones with the front consisting of nearly 100 percent. It didn’t catch on as it was expensive, and people were worried about breaking it. This setback did not upset Xiaomi, and they decided to push their designs to the limit. Lo and Behold! We have got the successor of Mi Mix, the Mi Mix Alpha.
Xiaomi announced Mi Mix Alpha in September 2019, and it did something which no other phone manufacturer tried before. Samsung increased the size of its display by utilizing the sides of the phone. Mi Mix Alpha takes it a few steps further and boasts of a nearly all-round screen. Yes, it’s true, apart from the camera strip on the back, the display completely covers the phone. The only places where the screen is not present are the top and the bottom section of the frame.
Xiaomi will launch the phone shortly, and it is already present on the official website. If you thought that all-round display is the only great thing about this phone, then you would want to hear the specifications.
Mi Mix Alpha comes with
- Flexible Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 2088×2250 pixels.
- It’s diagonally 7.92-inches long and covers a whopping 201 square cm area.
- The screen-to-body ratio is a mind-boggling 181%.
- Under the hood, it features a Snapdragon 855+ chipset with an octa-core CPU and Adreno 630 GPU.
- It comes with 12 GB RAM and 512 GB non-expandable internal storage.
- On the back, there is a triple camera setup consisting of a primary 108 MP shooter, one 12 MP telephoto camera, and a 20 MP ultrawide camera. The phone doesn’t feature a front-facing camera.
- It has a 4050 mAh battery, weighs 240 gm, and runs Android 10 with MIUI 11 skin.