The Facebook-owned messaging app, WhatsApp through its feature allows the users to delete the messages within an hour of sending it. By using this feature any user can unsend the message done on Windows platform, Android and iOS. The user gets an instant message of ‘This message was deleted’.
Where this feature is proving indeed useful to the users when they have sent a message mistakenly or unintentionally or having a spelling mistake, there, some ways can help the user to even see the deleted WhatsApp messages. This means you can reveal the disappeared messages from WhatsApp easily by using these amazing alternatives.
Want to know how? Go through the workarounds available to you in this regard!
#1: Third-Party Apps
Third-party apps can help you in recovering deleted WhatsApp messages. Google Play Store has an abundance of related apps that help you recovering messages that either sender deleted or you have deleted from the chat.
Let us here tell you the process of watching deleted messages on one of thirst party apps, WhatsRemoved+ App! You can easily recover the message that someone has deleted from the chat by following these steps:
- Open Google Play Store and install WhatsRemoved+ app
- Open the app and grant access to each permission that this app asks for
- After granting permission, come back from the app. Now, this app will ask you to select those apps of which you want to detect changes and save notifications. In this, select ‘WhatsApp’ and tap on ‘Next’.
- Now tap ‘Yes, Save Files’ on the next screen followed by clicking on the option ‘Allow’.
- After that every all the notifications that you get on WhatsApp either deleted or not, you will get all on WhatsApp+ App. To watch that, open this app and select ‘WhatsApp’ from the top bar.
No such app is available for iOS devices, which is, in fact, good for security reasons. Though these third-party apps are quite helpful in this work, you might put yourself to major security risks too as they get access to notifications of your smartphone.
Another problem associated with it is if the user has restarted the phone then the notification log gets cleared from it which makes it impossible to retrieve the messages despite using any third-party app.
#2: WhatsApp Chat Backup
If you wish to recover the chat that got deleted accidentally by you then WhatsApp Chat Backup can help you out. For this, the steps you need to follow are:
- Your first step would be to uninstall WhatsApp and reinstall it on your device.
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions and add your mobile number and complete the process.
- You will here get the option of restoring the chats from backup. So, tap on this restore option to get the chats back on your phone.
#3: Android Phone Settings
- Go to the home screen of your phone
- Tap and hold for some time anywhere on the screen (in the free area)
- Now tap on ‘Widgets’ out of available options on your phone. Find here the ‘Settings Widget’.
- Now hold this ‘Settings Widget’ and place it on the home screen anywhere
- After that, a list of available options will start appearing
- Here you need to scroll down and tap on the ‘Notification Log’
- This new ‘Settings’ icon on your phone’s home screen will show you up the deleted WhatsApp messages and Android notifications when you tap on it.
Though you got several ways to discover the deleted messages from your WhatsApp, you should step-up precisely and do a message after contemplating all things. Instant messaging might take you to uncoverable risk like if anyhow the receiver turns off the internet then you wouldn’t be able to delete that message and you wouldn’t get any remedy other than repenting on your decision.
So, be careful while messaging!