Shenzhen-based Chinese smartphone OEM, realme, has released an OTA update for two of its 2018 devices, realme 2 & C1, that is meant to upgrade security, system, applications, launcher, and notification centre and status bar apart from fixing some known bugs.
The company intends to do a staged rollout of the OTA from this month instead of a full-fledged release in order to manage any report of critical bugs following the update. The mass rollout is expected to complete in the near term.
The changelog of the 2.05GB sized update to the software version RMX1805EX_11.A.61 shows some noticeable changes and features such as the October Android security patch, Google Digital Wellbeing app, upgraded battery interface, and optimized Smart Assistant interface. The update also fixes some critical bugs that are related to Wi-Fi connection, applications crash, and system stuck.
Changelog for the realme 2 and realme C1 update comes with the following features:
● Android security patch: October 5, 2019
- Quickly enter the hidden application list with fingerprints (realme 2 only)
- Enable lockdown mode by long pressing the power button
- Customizable data consumed reminder
- Updated battery interface
● Added Google Digital Wellbeing
- Optimized the lock screen clock widget style
- Added date and weather widget
- Optimized Smart Assistant interface
Notification Center and Status Bar
- Swipe left or right to remove the message prompt after receiving the message
- Redesigned the notification center style
- Added swipe down on home screen to access the notification center
- Added a switch of Notification Dot for updates
Known issues fixed
- Fixed the issue that the USB pop-up window cannot be popped
- Fixed part of scenes with slow screen brightness issue
- Fixed the Wi-Fi connection issue
- Fixed some applications crash issue
● Fixed some of the system stuck issue
Both realme 2 and realme C1 was released in the third quarter of 2018 with Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box. Both devices run on Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 processor, have the same 6.20-inch (720×1520) display, battery capacity (4230mAh), and rear dual camera (13MP + 2MP). However, realme 2 is better than realme C1 in terms of RAM (3GB vs 2GB), internal storage (32GB vs 16GB), and front camera (8MP vs 5MP).
In the middle of this year, realme, once a subsidiary of OPPO, released the Android 9 Pie-based update to ColorOS 6 for both the devices.