PUBG players are facing the issue of PUBG failed to initialize Steam these days and it is very annoying. They can’t play their favourite game due to this error. Are you also facing the same issue? Then, you have reached the right place as Technographx has brought for you 5 excellent methods to get rid of the error. Just follow the methods properly and fix the issue right away.
Method 1: Force restart your Steam
Force restarting your Steam client might solve your problem so just follow the below-given steps to get rid of the error.
- Open task manager by pressing Ctrl, Shift and Esc keys on your keyboard at the same time.
- Now, click the Processes tab.
- Now, you have to right-click each Steam and PUBG application and then click End task.
After doing so, open your Steam client and then run PUBG. Now, check what is the status of the error. If the problem still exists, move to the next solution.
Method 2: Update your device drivers
Another reason for the error is faulty or outdated device drivers. To solve this error, you have to just update the drivers. There are two ways for updating the drivers: either you can go for a manual option or you can go for software that can do the task for you.
There is software available that will find out the required drivers for your system that are missing or the ones which need to be updated. You have to just install the software and then this software will recognize your system and get the correct drivers for you.
The other option is the manual one where you need to manually download and install each and every driver for your system. This option is suitable for those who are techy and have the skills to do on their own. Otherwise, the first option is more suitable.
After updating the device drivers, check if the issue got solved or not.
Method 3: Disable fullscreen optimizations for your game
One of the reasons for this error is the Fullscreen optimizations feature. The purpose of this feature is to boost the performance of the game. But, unintended stability issues are possible due to this feature. Let’s disable this feature and check whether the problem gets solved or not.
Just follow the below steps for disabling it.
- You have to open File Explorer (you can do it by pressing Windows logo key and E at the same time) and then move to the location where Steam is installed. The default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\or C:\Program Files\Steam\. Now, you have to go to steamapps\common\TslGame\Binaries\Win64\.
- Now, you have to right-click TslGame or TslGame.exe,
- Click Properties now.
- Now, you have to click the Compatibility tab.
- Now, check that Disable fullscreen optimizations are ticked.
- Click OK.
Run the game and figure out whether the issue got solved or not.
Method 4: Run your Steam as administrator
There might be privilege issues with your Steam client and this might result in the error you are facing currently. Try to run the Steam client as administrator and check if the error gets solved or not. Just follow the below steps for doing so.
- Again, you have to open File Explorer and move to the location where your Steam is installed.
- Now, perform the step as you performed in the above method. Right-click Steam or Steam.exe.
- Click Run as administrator.
- Play the game and check out the error.
Method 5: Disable running as administrator for your game
In the above method, you enable the setting of running Steam as an administrator. Now, try disabling it to solve the error. Just disable the setting of running the game as administrator and check the status of the error. It should solve the issue.
- Once again press the Windows logo key and E on your keyboard at the same time to open File Explorer. Now, go to the location where Steam is installed and then go to steamapps\common\TslGame\Binaries\Win64\.
- Now, again right-click TslGame or TslGame.exe,
- Now, click Properties.
- Now, click the Compatibility tab
- Check here that the Run this program as an administrator box is unchecked.
- Click OK now.
Run the game and check what is the status of the error. Does it got fixed or not?
So, here were the possible solutions for fixing PUGB failed to initialize steam error. Just follow all the methods properly and solve the issue. Stay tuned to Technographx to get more updates on tech news.