OnePlus earlier promised that they will be rolling out a stable Android 10 update for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro in September itself. But due to unforeseen circumstances and bugs in the update, the stable build rollout was postponed. Manu J. reported that their internal QA team is not passing the stable build as it has many bugs. Instead, they have now released a 3rd Open Beta for Android 10 on OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro.
You can download the Android 10 Open Beta 3 if you can’t wait for the stable release which will take some time. The open beta will be available to users who are already running the beta channel program on their OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro. If you are currently on Open Beta 2, you will receive the new update on your device as an OTA.
Please note that once you flash your device with Open Beta build, you won’t receive stable build when it is released for your device. You will have to flash your device again with stable Android Pie build which will delete all your device data.
Changelog for Android 10 Open Beta 3 reads as:
- Added hide option in the Settings for Game Space (Game Space – Hide Game Space)
- Optimized GPS performance
- Improved system stability and fixed known issues
- Repaired the crash issue with Settings caused by WhatsApp notification settings
- Fixed the issue with shadows when using the bottom side swipe gesture to return to the screen
- Fixed the issue with power usage while connected to Bluetooth Headphones
- Fixed the unusual display issue of screen switches between Portrait and Landscape Mode
- Fixed the crash issue with recent apps while using navigation gestures
- Recovered the Bluetooth connection icon in the status bar
- Fixed the blank screen issue with apps
- Fixed the crash issue with the Alert Slider
- Optimized the performance of Messages
- Zen Mode
- Added Activity mode to enable users to share their experience with other OnePlus users around the world
- OnePlus Switch
- Optimized performance and experience to adapt to Android 10
- Work-Life Balance (India only)
- Added Work-Life Balance Mode to enable users to sort notifications when at work or leisure, accordingly