The major telecom player, Reliance Jio has launched an exciting voice and video calling feature in which you can make calls to anyone over your current WiFi network. The service is launched to provide crystal clear communications between two or multiple users without worrying about the network signals. This service is being termed as VoWiFi – Voice over WiFi. Jio claims that this service won’t cost anything to its users; it means you can enjoy the VoWiFi service seamlessly on your choice of the tariff plan.
The good thing is Jio hasn’t restricted its service to a selected number of WiFi network providers, which means, anyone with a good WiFi network from any company can use this service. Apart from Android, iPhone users will also be enjoying this feature to connect with their friends seamlessly without any network lags.
Availability and Technical Eligibility
Commencing on 16th January, the VoWiFi service is available for free to all the Jio users. Around 150 handsets are being supported by this feature. According to Jio’s pubic releases, this service would be free for Jio users. This means you will need not to buy any extra scheme or package with your current Jio plan. Just you need an active Jio number with a handset that is supported with a WiFi calling feature to be eligible for this service.
Steps to enable free Jio VoWiFi calling on your smartphone
- Connect your phone with a nearby WiFi network, then browse for phone’s settings menu and search for WiFi calling or WiFi calls feature.
- When you find WiFi calling feature, enable that to make your phone compatible with VoWiFi service.
- Now you can make a crystal clear call, depending on the quality of the signal, your phone will be switching between VoLTE and WiFi networks to provide needed stable signal strength to make a call.
- Jio’s website has featured the name of handset models from 11 different vendors, if you are wondering whether your phone is compatible for WiFi calling or not, you can check out yourself on Jio’s official website.
- Apart from Android phones, iPhones are also eligible for VoWiFi calling feature, just, you need to make sure that your iPhone is having the latest iOS.
Similarly, Airtel has also expanded its VoWiFi feature to the major metropolitan cities. You can make a comparison among both the services from telecom majors, to decide which one is perfect to free you from the worries of signal strength issues.